Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/22/2015 7:00 pm  #1

Putting Internet Atheist in their place

Hey this is an idea I posted awhile ago on a different thread, but I think it might be more fitting here.
Is anyone else here tired of internet gnu atheist shouting their mouths off on religion and arguments for God when they know nothing about it. I'm talking about fucktards like Jacyln Glenn, Mr. Repzion, the king of douches the Amazing Atheist(his video "criticizing" Aquinas is just him swimming in his ignorance), and every one's favourite ragtag bunch of gnu trash, those tools from the Atheist Experience. Seriously all these clowns think that who made God is a good objection to the cosmological argument. In fact in the AA's video he thought the First way was the Kalam! Are you serious? And in one video the idiots from the AE compared the ontological argument to arguing for a unicorn! They did not mention modality, necessity, contingency or all the stuff essential to the argument. Noo, all it takes is a dumb analogy, and the argument is refuted for these clowns. What really pisses me off is people actually think their experts on the topic, and are spreading their ignorance. A friend of mine at school showed me a quote on the dumbass experience members said about evil, and he thought it was the greatest thing ever, when in reality it showed no evidence of said dumbass studying God and evil, especially the classical theist approach. It was just an appeal to emotion. These gnus are ignorant of the serious philosophy behind God's existence, yet they take it upon themselves to "refute" them without learning the metaphysics such as act and potency behind them. And their fans think that their truly experts on the topic, and more ignorance is spread. Sorry if this is a long rant, but these guys need their smug asses handed to them. I propose that Ben Yachov calls the Atheist Experience, and destroys them verbally without any mercy to end their stupidity once and for all. Afterwords I say we all gang up on the rest of the gnu's videos, and expose them for the frauds they are. I'm sorry if this is long, but I'm tired of people disrespecting the serious intellectual work behind God, and treating the whole subject like something any idiot can talk about.

7/22/2015 7:15 pm  #2

Re: Putting Internet Atheist in their place

AKG wrote:

Hey this is an idea I posted awhile ago on a different thread, but I think it might be more fitting here.
Is anyone else here tired of internet gnu atheist shouting their mouths off on religion and arguments for God when they know nothing about it.

Please insert link to 'The X Arguement - Destroyed by SCIENCE!' Bonus point to be had if said video contains:

A. A reading of said argument that no proponent of it would ever indorse.

B. An objection which if followed through would make all natural scientific knowledge, if not all knowledge in toto, impossible.

AKG wrote:

It was just an appeal to emotion.

Quentin Smith: 'When a bambi deer is caught in a forest fire..' (the worst thing is that Smith is a professional philosopher and in many respects a good one)

AKG wrote:

IThese gnus are ignorant of the serious philosophy behind God's existence, yet they take it upon themselves to "refute" them without learning the metaphysics such as act and potency behind them...

Afterwords I say we all gang up on the rest of the gnu's videos, and expose them for the frauds they are. I'm sorry if this is long, but I'm tired of people disrespecting the serious intellectual work behind God, and treating the whole subject like something any idiot can talk about.

I've been trying to work out what it is exactly that lies behind that attitude. I mean since these, issues are such that, as Kant rightly said, we cannot remain indifferent to them, it’s understandable that many people feel they must say something – none-the-less in no other subject would be people feel so blithely free to speak from utter ignorance. Can you imagine someone commenting in the same way on Particle Physics or Higher Mathematics? I out it down to an inoculated attitude based on ideas of religious freedom, a completely different subject,   

Trouble is you take one down and other ten fill their place.

Last edited by DanielCC (7/22/2015 7:16 pm)

7/22/2015 8:01 pm  #3

He is not an internet New Atheist, but I found the praise Stephen Fry got for the most hackneyed and superficial (not to mention inconsistent - he was asked to imagine what he'd say to a God he ddn't believe in and then got highly angry at a God he apparently doesn't believe in)  rendition of the so called problem of evil to be both funny and silly.

7/23/2015 5:02 am  #4

For another prime example of first rate moronism on might check out WLC's latest reader Question.

Dawkins' 'I would probably believe in God is I were Pre-Darwin' is probably a more damning indictment to that gentleman’s philosophical credentials than anything we could ever say.

Jeremy Taylor wrote:

He is not an internet New Atheist...

Twitter...

7/23/2015 8:42 am  #5

@Daniel heres a video of the idiots experience "discussing" the first way. It seems despite having zero knowledge on the metaphysics behind the argument and not reading what Aquinas or Aristotle said, they "refuted" it in 4 minutes. Try not to let their ignorance kill your brain cells. www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8JO6nJfKTo

7/23/2015 3:36 pm  #6

But guys seriously is Ben Yachov active on this forum. I've seen what he does to gnu trolls on Dr. Feser's blog, and he really needs to call the atheist experience to shut them up for good.

7/24/2015 9:17 am  #7

@Alexander,
Since your studying physics is it okay if I ask you a question about some physics.

7/24/2015 10:20 am  #8

I'd like to suggest gently that however tempting it may be (and it is!) to try to hand "fucktards," "douches," "gnu trash," and "clowns" their "smug asses," doing so might not be (a) the best way to win souls over to Christ and the Church or even to convert anyone intellectually to philosophical theism, (b) a spiritually healthy approach for the "evangelists" themselves, or (c) especially appropriate for this forum or likely to leave a good impression on our visitors.

It is, in short, neither effective nor exemplary, and smacks more of wanting to score debating points than of genuinely seeking anyone's well-being, whether the atheists', one's own, or that of onlookers to the debate. (Or for that matter that of the Church, which will still be here thousands of years after temporary and superficial irritants like the GNUs are forgotten.)

Last edited by Scott (7/24/2015 1:26 pm)

7/24/2015 2:17 pm  #9

On a non-Christian and altogether less merciful approach to Scott's suggestion I don't think a lot of these people are going to respond either way to rational argument. A more irreverent approach is to try attempt to start a dialogue with them about arguments professional atheist philosophers have given and witness their utter ignorance and incomprehension – there’s another board I’m on which has its resident, near psychotic New Atheist type (most of the other posters are atheists yet have come to hate him too), whom I pelt with Mackie’s Argument from Queerness every time he brings up knee-jerk moral proclamations.

After all these people are not problems to be solved but pseudo-problems to be [and here the implicature speaks for itself]

Last edited by DanielCC (7/24/2015 2:17 pm)

7/24/2015 2:23 pm  #10

A favourite question I like to ask New Atheist types is  'Do you really think God, [at this point add effusive rhetoric about the centrality of the concept of God to Western Civilisation, how people have sacrificed their  lives for it et cetera] is logically equivalent to a unicorn  or a tea-pot orbiting the sun?'

Giving the kool-aid l-‘look how I trample on your values’ pejorative answer of course is to admit modal defeat for atheism.

Board footera