Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/20/2016 5:35 am  #1

Left-wing Echochamber at the Academy

The left-wing atmosphere of the academy is anecdotally well known, but it's apparently been studied. To the extent I'm a leftist, I'm a "problematic" one, so this troubles me also. Video links to citations and while mainly focusing on the social sciences, mentions the humanities. Note the self-reported proclamation by academics that they would overwhelmingly discriminate against equally qualified known conservative job candidates.

Fighting to the death "the noonday demon" of Acedia.
My Books
It is precisely “values” that are the powerless and threadbare mask of the objectification of beings, an objectification that has become flat and devoid of background. No one dies for mere values.
~Martin Heidegger

8/22/2016 9:36 pm  #2

Re: Left-wing Echochamber at the Academy

That was an interesting video. It was good they went into some actual surveys and research. Personally, I think one should look into most sociological and psychological research before accepting it. There is so much ideological nonsense posing as scientific findings in these areas.

I think a good rule of thumb, also, is to distrust any statistic quoted by exponents of identity politics, especially feminists.

Board footera