Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/12/2017 2:20 am  #1

What are you reading right now?

I've been reading Coffey's Ontology, alongside Why is there something rather than nothing? by Geraldin Coggins.

6/12/2017 2:50 am  #2

Re: What are you reading right now?

Just started Garrigou-Lagrange's Reality and am trying to get around to reading Hart's The Experience of God.

6/12/2017 4:13 pm  #3

I'm slowly working through Aquinas' commentary on the Ethics. I'm also working through Feser's new book on the death penalty and several other things.

6/13/2017 11:52 am  #4

I am reading the Quantum Engima by Wolfgang Smith and also slowly going through Garrigou-Lagrange's Reality as well.

Last edited by Jason (6/13/2017 11:53 am)

6/13/2017 4:09 pm  #5

Jason wrote:

I am reading the Quantum Engima by Wolfgang Smith and also slowly going through Garrigou-Lagrange's Reality as well.

How are you liking Reality so far?

6/13/2017 6:45 pm  #6

RomanJoe wrote:

Jason wrote:

I am liking it very much. It does tend to cover alot of things quickly which is why I am taking my time to read it.

6/13/2017 6:50 pm  #7

Jason wrote:

RomanJoe wrote:

Jason wrote:

I am liking it very much. It does tend to cover alot of things quickly which is why I am taking my time to read it.

Yeah I noticed that too. I'm only like 40 pages in. I'm enjoying it. It's a testament to Garrigou-Lagrange's wide understanding of thomistic metaphysics.

6/14/2017 9:50 pm  #8

Dennis wrote:

I've been reading Coffey's Ontology, alongside Why is there something rather than nothing? by Geraldin Coggins.

Decided to take a look at Ontology and I like it so far. May put Hart's book on the back burner. 

6/15/2017 4:49 pm  #9

I'm reading Russell Kirk's Conservative Mind, and the (quite extensive) reading packet for this year's Dietrich von Hildebrand Summer Seminar at Franciscan University at Steubenville (If any of y'all are going, I'll gladly share my pipe tobacco).

Board footera