Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2018 8:17 am  #1

Act/Potency and reciprocity.

As I note here , Philosopher Rögnvaldur Ingthorsson argues that act/potency view is scientifically falsified, As I skimmed passed some of his work that is available online, I had a hard time grasping his point but maybe you guys should give it a read. I hope take a more detailed look later. 

Last edited by Calhoun (3/06/2018 8:17 am)

3/06/2018 10:37 am  #2

Re: Act/Potency and reciprocity.

Calhoun wrote:

As I note here , Philosopher Rögnvaldur Ingthorsson argues that act/potency view is scientifically falsified

No disrespect to you but I stopped reading at this point

3/13/2018 3:36 am  #3

Hey !

I posted your article on the Aquinas forum, in French, to which the administrator (a scholarly Aristotelian) published a translation and some replies. Ingthorsson himself did come by to give us some reply. You can see the discussion here.

FSC

3/13/2018 5:30 am  #4

DanielCC wrote:

Calhoun wrote:

As I note here , Philosopher Rögnvaldur Ingthorsson argues that act/potency view is scientifically falsified

No disrespect to you but I stopped reading at this point

It can't be, I am not endorsing the view quoted by you. 

FrenchySkepticalCatholic wrote:

Hey !

I posted your article on the Aquinas forum, in French, to which the administrator (a scholarly Aristotelian) published a translation and some replies. Ingthorsson himself did come by to give us some reply. You can see the discussion here

FSC

Thanks, I am little busy otherwise I would surely give the paper he refers to a more detailed look.

Board footera