Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/03/2018 7:07 pm  #1

Christine Blasey Ford is a liar

She has undermined her own credibility with her constantly shifting story, she refuses to cooperate with the Senate Judiciary Committee, she has been pretty effectively demolished in Mitchell's memo, and all of her named witnesses have denied any knowledge of the alleged event - which of course runs counter to Kavanaugh's lifetime record of stellar behavior.
This, compounded with her almost comprehensive memory gaps (indeed, the gaps seem more to be gaps in what she forgot rather than remembers) and previous activism on behalf of liberal causes, ought to convince any rational human that this entire thing is a scam.
Why are conservatives so afraid to speak the truth? It's not like liberals will hate us any more than they already do.

Noli turbare circulos meos.

10/04/2018 7:08 am  #2

Re: Christine Blasey Ford is a liar

Who?

10/04/2018 7:10 am  #3

Brett Kavanaugh's 'credible' accuser. These names are household names in America now.

10/04/2018 7:19 am  #4

Etzelnik wrote:

Brett Kavanaugh's 'credible' accuser. These names are household names in America now.

The first woman correct? The one who accused him of grouping her at a party?

10/04/2018 7:19 am  #5

Yes

10/04/2018 9:19 am  #6

Etzelnik wrote:

She has undermined her own credibility with her constantly shifting story, she refuses to cooperate with the Senate Judiciary Committee, she has been pretty effectively demolished in Mitchell's memo, and all of her named witnesses have denied any knowledge of the alleged event - which of course runs counter to Kavanaugh's lifetime record of stellar behavior.
This, compounded with her almost comprehensive memory gaps (indeed, the gaps seem more to be gaps in what she forgot rather than remembers) and previous activism on behalf of liberal causes, ought to convince any rational human that this entire thing is a scam.

I think a better conclusion for conservatives to make would be that her memory of events has been manipulated for political purposes, rather than rushing straight to the accusation of perjury. Unless and until there is actual evidence of intentional dishonesty under oath. One would hope that speaking the truth doesn't involve unsubstantiated claims and potential slander.

Etzelnik wrote:

Why are conservatives so afraid to speak the truth? It's not like liberals will hate us any more than they already do.

Maybe not the radicals, but moderate liberals can always get more cynical about modern conservativism.

10/04/2018 9:47 am  #7

"100% sure it was Kavanaugh" sounds an awful lot to me like a lie when it clearly wasn't Kavanaugh. Honestly the only reason anybody is taking this BS seriously is because it's politically expedient and she cried on TV.
Perhaps had she not been shifty and uncooperative this would be a different conversation, but between the falsehood of her claims and her uncooperativeness, the preponderance of evidence tilts towards her being a liar. I don't believe women. I don't believe men. I believe the evidence. Perhaps I'm wrong and her activist lawyer and Senate enablers are manipulating her, but that's definitely not the way the preponderance of evidence points to.

Another point, and I freely admit that this has no bearing on the point we're discussing but needs to be said all the same, is that just notice the faux horror of the media at Trump's relatively benign mockery of Ford. Meanwhile, these same Serious Journalists laugh hysterically at and have nothing but praise for SNL's truly savage mockery of Kavanaugh fighting for his life. Make no mistake about it, the media has imposed a truly terrifying double standard here: it is a fully respectable position to maintain that Kavanaugh (who is supported by the evidence) is a liar and rapist, but to say that Ford (who is refuted by the evidence) is a liar is horrifying and taboo. If you're a white conservative man, your whole life can be turned upside down on the basis of hazy, implausible, and refuted allegations. However, you have no right to emphatically and effectively respond, as that would be insensitive. And all the while, as you and your family are dragged through the mud before the entire nation the jeering mob and the evil leftist bullies will laugh and make comedy skits of your agony.

I know it's wrong, but I feel that I am gradually being driven to despise liberals by their smug, repulsive, and tyrannical behavior. The liberals are to blame for what this country has become. They have sown the division which has given us Trump, and they continue headlong along that same disgusting path. I hope God pays them back tenfold for what they've done to the country, even as I pray that their countrymen don't. 

I apologize if I'm being too strong here; this disgrace has infuriated me like no political event ever has in my entire life. 

Last edited by Etzelnik (10/04/2018 10:02 am)

10/04/2018 11:23 am  #8

@Etzelnik
Well, you are not the only one who feels this way. Also, the FBI found no signs of sexual misconduct. 

10/04/2018 2:36 pm  #9

Etzelnik wrote:

The liberals are to blame for what this country has become. They have sown the division which has given us Trump, and they continue headlong along that same disgusting path.

You mean Obama era led to Trump? How about W era led to Obama? And Reagan&Bush to Clinton?

10/04/2018 2:57 pm  #10

seigneur wrote:

Etzelnik wrote:

The liberals are to blame for what this country has become. They have sown the division which has given us Trump, and they continue headlong along that same disgusting path.

You mean Obama era led to Trump? How about W era led to Obama? And Reagan&Bush to Clinton?

It's not just about the people on the top. Liberals on all levels have been destroying the country since at least the sixties with their identity politics, war on religion, war on the family, and occasionally borderline treason (who always turns up supporting our enemies? Who cheers flag burners? Who have glorified deserters from the US Army? Who cheered for Ho Chi Minh, Castro?)
The liberals have thrived on discord, identity politics, and authoritarian thought policing for a half a century - that republicans are fighting back after half a century of this is not surprising. Masterpiece Bakeshop shows you how religious conservatives have their backs against the wall. We are inches away from (if not already in) a godless, identity based tyranny. Anyone who can't understand that will never understand why the Republicans have embraced Trump.
Trump's ascendancy is an indicator of how desperate conservatives are to protect their increasingly at-risk liberties.

Last edited by Etzelnik (10/04/2018 3:08 pm)

Board footera