Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/03/2016 9:56 pm  #1

Media fire-Storm in Australia.

In Australia there has been a huge controversy about a supposedly pro-rape group having meetups in the major cities.

​This claim struck me as a highly dubious (who the heck wants to legalise rape?), so I did a little digging and found the article from which the pro-rape quotes come from: http://www.rooshv.com/how-to-stop-rape 

Maybe I'm mad, but that article strikes me as obviously satirical. Its whole tone is tongue in cheek from the beginning. This guy is everything you'd expect someone calling themselves a pick up artist would be (he also seems to personally have admitted to rape, if the excerpts from his books being posted are true - though I don't necessarily trust they are). But he obviously isn't fighting to legalise rape. The ideological fuelled hysteria in the media, seemingly with the original purpose of shutting down those who dissent from left-liberal identity politics (as silly as this Roosh figure is), is shocking to me, as is much of the journalism involved from supposedly mainstream and reputable sources. I have seen protest pages fuelled by this hysteria that contain not just copious threats of violence but lots of bragging about the fact there is no general free speech protection in Australia. One of the organisers of a major Sydney protest actually wrote a screed against the notion of civil liberties, because apparently they allow oppressors to maintain their privilege and oppression. I fear for the future of liberty and just basic order in the West.  

2/04/2016 8:24 pm  #2

Re: Media fire-Storm in Australia.

"Note: The following article was published as a satirical thought experiment. It’s conclusion is not to be taken literally. Click here for more details. "

Fighting to the death "the noonday demon" of Acedia.
My Books
It is precisely “values” that are the powerless and threadbare mask of the objectification of beings, an objectification that has become flat and devoid of background. No one dies for mere values.
~Martin Heidegger

2/05/2016 2:39 am  #3

Re: Media fire-Storm in Australia.

In any case, this new political correctness will eat itself again. Besides, the people who hold to it have neither the balls nor the consistency to conduct actual violence nor to fully abridge civil liberties.They will make some excessive movement for censorship or draconic sex laws and cause such a backlash that they won't have a viable movement for a decade. This is the wage of identitarianism: it's a consumer movement whose soul is only as deep as its marketing.

Fighting to the death "the noonday demon" of Acedia.
My Books
It is precisely “values” that are the powerless and threadbare mask of the objectification of beings, an objectification that has become flat and devoid of background. No one dies for mere values.
~Martin Heidegger

Board footera