Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2017 8:31 am  #1

That wannabe

For what it's worth, I'm the same Grace and Rust who's trying to change Dianelos Georgoudis' mind about abortion ("Mired in the roiling tar pits of lust"). That's why I'm calling this "the wannabe:" because I doubt I'm doing sufficient honor to the Angelic Doctor, my profile picture.

It's hard to say something interesting about myself! I'm taking some classes in philosophy this semester, and I'm a little bit disappointed that we don't cover Aristotelianism very much,* so I'm hoping this will be a great opportunity to get into deeper discussions about the branch.

*So far, he's only been credited for belief in primitive causal powers; when discussing identity, the suggestion that matter individuates material things received no mention.

Caution: Novice at Work!

2/23/2017 7:57 am  #2

Re: That wannabe

Welcome aboard!

2/23/2017 9:28 am  #3

For what it's worth, I'm the same Grace and Rust who's trying to change Dianelos Georgoudis' mind about abortion ("Mired in the roiling tar pits of lust").

That wordy guy's? I skip most of his posts. 
I'm taking some classes in philosophy this semester, and I'm a little bit disappointed that we don't cover Aristotelianism very much,* so I'm hoping this will be a great opportunity to get into deeper discussions about the branch.

Welcome aboard.

2/24/2017 12:03 am  #4

Welcome!

​I have responded to Dianelos a few times. It was a mistake.

2/24/2017 10:21 am  #5

Thanks for the welcome.
It can be hard not to argue with some people, though! People can be interesting, even when something seems deeply mistaken in their views.

Caution: Novice at Work!

Board footera