Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/04/2017 9:44 pm  #31

Re: Role of prayer in Christian thought

nojoum wrote:

God being just is only one example so you could replace justice with any other attribute of God and have the same argument.

Not necessarily but again I do not want to get into it.

nojoum wrote:

And actually there is no need for you to answer to other point (maybe except the last one), the point is God can reject your prayers if your prayer is in conflict with his other attributes or with grand scheme which is better than what you are wishing for.

I agree and have been saying this all along, that He may or may not answer our prayer.

nojoum wrote:

The bottom line, God is obliged to provide you with highest good possible which fits into his grand scheme and is not at odds with his attributes.

Again God is not obliged to provide you or me with anything, but He may choose to do so out of Love, Justice or Goodness. He is the Highest Good and He opens the way to commune with Him through Jesus Christ which we freely need to accept. Like I said before as Christians we pray humbly to God so that His Will be done rather than our own since He is worthy of it. This is my last attempt to answer your question on the role of prayer in the Christian thought. Not sure if there is anything else left to say on this at least on  my part.

7/05/2017 2:11 am  #32

Re: Role of prayer in Christian thought

Jason wrote:

I agree and have been saying this all along, that He may or may not answer our prayer.

You were  right about the conclusion. But the point is that since different Christian traditions might interpret the verses differently, I need reasons to accept a certain position.

Jason wrote:

This is my last attempt to answer your question on the role of prayer in the Christian thought. Not sure if there is anything else left to say on this at least on my part.

Don't worry you have done enough. I'm happy with the whole discussion.

Last edited by nojoum (7/05/2017 2:12 am)

Board footera