Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/23/2018 8:18 pm  #1

Lawrence Krauss Faces Allegations Of Sexual Harassment

Not exactly small talk, but this is probably the best poace to put it.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/peteraldhous/lawrence-krauss-sexual-harassment-allegations?utm_term=.ir24yryRb#.tvOZbVbo4

“BuzzFeed News has learned that the incident with Hensley is one of many wide-ranging allegations of Krauss’s inappropriate behavior over the last decade — including groping women, ogling and making sexist jokes to undergrads, and telling an employee at Arizona State University, where he is a tenured professor, that he was going to buy her birth control so she didn’t inconvenience him with maternity leave. In response to complaints, two institutions — Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, and the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo, Ontario — have quietly restricted him from their campuses. Our reporting is based on official university documents, emails, and interviews with more than 50 people.”

2/23/2018 9:19 pm  #2

Re: Lawrence Krauss Faces Allegations Of Sexual Harassment

I am reluctant to judge someone without a lot of information, especially as we are now in a stage of hysteria about these kinds of things (what does oogling mean?). The groping sounds bad, but I wouldn't rush to judgement.

2/23/2018 10:19 pm  #3

When is the court date?

Dry and Uninspired wrote:

Arizona State University, where he is a tenured professor

Well, expect Kraus to be fired within the upcoming month. 

Last edited by Karl3125 (2/23/2018 10:19 pm)

K. Roland Heintz, B.A.
Economics, U.C. Santa Cruz 2017
Blog | Website

2/24/2018 3:58 am  #4

Jeremy Taylor wrote:

I am reluctant to judge someone without a lot of information, especially as we are now in a stage of hysteria about these kinds of things

Yes. At this point it seems that the list of men who have not been accused of sexual harassment is shorter than the list of those who have. Kevin Spacey seems to have evaded greater scandal by declaring himself gay. Wonder if Krauss will use the same tack.

Board footera