Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/07/2019 5:17 pm  #1

New Forum Hacked?

If you know, what exactly has happened?

10/16/2019 1:47 pm  #2

Re: New Forum Hacked?

It does seems so. I'm not sure where to contact admins personnally, so I can only hope they will find a solution to this problem.
Actually, we can still view the forum, but not from the home page. I prefer not to connect right now, but at least the threads are still there. If the hack can't be fixed, we can still hope that they can be copied and archieved somewhere else. (Even if there wasn't as much content as here, there's still value in it.)

Sadly, it seems that this forum was more robust than the new one.

10/16/2019 5:47 pm  #3

Hey, sorry for the slow response.  We weren't sure what was going on.

The site was hacked multiple times, and is still infected, obviously.  Given the situation, we can't afford to renew the site with security, and without security, there is no reason to think we won't keep being hacked.

We are still trying to figure out what to do about it.  In the meantime, any updates will be made here.

Currently, the retrieve password seems to not be working on this site.  I will try and look into this.

Sorry for the annoyance.  Hopefully, we can find some sort of stable home for the community that has developed here over the years.

10/19/2019 3:39 am  #4

Pretty weird that it has been hacked. I don't know why people would want to hack a philosophy forum. But oh well.

Why don't we keep using this forum? It seems more stable, and safer, than the other one.

In the meantime, we know there is the ontological investigations blog; and there'll always be Edward Feser's blog and combox. So...

Last edited by Miguel (10/19/2019 3:40 am)

10/19/2019 4:04 am  #5

Hey everyone. My old account doesn't work for some reason, saying my password is wrong. Unfortunately the lost password system isn't working either. So I just made this new account for now (notice the distinguished underscore). If anyone is interested I think I have a safe forum site alternative we could use. I can set it up if others would be on board. 

10/22/2019 8:12 pm  #6

We've set up a new forum. It's free software, but seems better than boardhost's. Here is the address:

https://classicaltheism.createaforum.com/

We'll set out the forum format soon.

2/07/2021 1:33 pm  #7

Hi Billhooker
Welcome to the forum.  Weve found it really imformative.  If you want to meet other people on the forum and can get as far as Devon, weve got a meeting at our place in August.

Board footera