Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/01/2015 1:07 am  #1

Pay for the full version

I'll pay for the full version of the forum. I want to discuss in a private forum some of the content ideas circulated earlier in PMs.

Fighting to the death "the noonday demon" of Acedia.
My Books
It is precisely “values” that are the powerless and threadbare mask of the objectification of beings, an objectification that has become flat and devoid of background. No one dies for mere values.
~Martin Heidegger

8/01/2015 1:17 am  #2

Re: Pay for the full version

We wouldn't get much for paying. The private forum feature seems to be just about the only worthwhile feature - it is a lot of money just for that. If we were going to pay we might as well get a better forum software, such as vBulletin, but it would hard to transfer the forum to such software at this stage.

8/01/2015 1:20 am  #3

How much was it again?

My Books
It is precisely “values” that are the powerless and threadbare mask of the objectification of beings, an objectification that has become flat and devoid of background. No one dies for mere values.
~Martin Heidegger

8/01/2015 1:27 am  #4

U.S.$15 a month.

Purchasing V.Bulletin is U.S.$250 (I assume you get a site with the software).

8/01/2015 1:34 am  #5

Well, one of the things I'm really happy about with this website so far is that we haven't experienced a spam problem. Last time I started an independent vBulletin website most of my members were just fake spambots.

Can we do a Skype or something?

I might be able to still access a version of vBulletin I've got a license for. Let me see about that too.

My Books
~Martin Heidegger

8/01/2015 4:09 am  #6

Might I suggest that if we discuss this and other proposed topics in a multiple addressee email conversation? Of course I mean these only until we sort out whether we want to go with the pay-software features. I take it you all have my email?

Some of the projects proposed are still grinding along. We decided on the group topic – ideally I’d like to get the text for that and for the emails written up by the end of the weekend.

Last edited by DanielCC (8/01/2015 4:10 am)

8/01/2015 4:31 am  #7

No need for a paid private forum, seriously. There are reasonable unpaid solutions to obtain whatever benefit you imagine from a private forum:

- email (multiple recipients)
- PM's in this forum allow adding multiple recipients too, don't they?
- Skype (add people to conversation)
- recorded video chat
- if it's really so important, you can even set up a meeting in a pub insofar as you are all in the same country...

8/01/2015 5:36 am  #8

I am inclined to agree. I think there are other ways to communicate. When it comes to running the forum I think the inability to split threads is more of a problem. But I don't think moving the forum at this time is a good idea.

8/01/2015 5:56 am  #9

Well the important thing is that we can discuss proposed content now if need be. Let’s tackle that first and then we can ascertain to what extent we need additional features.

8/01/2015 11:57 am  #10

My email is on my Google+ profile (which I use to post at Ed's blog). Contact me any time.

Board footera