Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/07/2015 12:49 pm  #1

Hi

I often read Ed's blog and sometimes comment on it. I'm a math and science teacher, religion major in college and I approach my nondenominational Christian faith primarily intellectually. I'm all about evidence and arguments, I have no truck with attempts to circumvent the evidential issues. Right now I think that a broadly Scholastic metaphysics is the most plausible worldview, whether in support of Christian faith or just in general. I've greatly enjoyed Ed's books and similar ones. Looking forward to some good discussions on this forum!

7/07/2015 5:56 pm  #2

Re: Hi

Welcome, Heyzeus! 

I'm terribly curious: How did you manage to start reading Feser's blog?

7/08/2015 10:04 am  #3

I don't remember the exact sequence of events...I'm pretty sure The Last Superstition was the first thing by Feser that I read, and I remember posting a review of the book on an apologetics blog to which he responded with a post of his own on his blog. Then I kind of forgot about it for a while but then I think at some point I started browsing his blog a bit more and thinking I was intrigued by his rigorous approach. I finally read Aquinas, which 'converted' me to that philosophy, and after that I read whatever I could get my hands on by him. 

7/08/2015 10:15 am  #4

Welcome. And that's a clever screen name. (Die Hard With A Vengeance reference, or independent creation?)

7/08/2015 10:36 am  #5

Scott, you are the first person to get the reference. Yep, it's from Die Hard 3!

7/08/2015 10:49 am  #6

(You should get along with SlimJim, then; he introduced himself as a die-hard Catholic.)

Last edited by Scott (7/08/2015 10:59 am)

7/08/2015 1:44 pm  #7

That's terribly clever.  I'll be kicking myself for a good long while for having missed that.

Board footera