Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/10/2016 2:22 am  #1

New Here!

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board and was referred by current member Dennis. Just one question, what does it mean to hijack a forum? I agreed not to do that when I signed up, but I don't know what that is (I'm not familiar with posting in forums).

8/10/2016 2:57 am  #2

Re: New Here!

The general idea is that you're not supposed to turn threads into a platform solely for your personal agenda. This could mean a lot of off-topic attention getting behavior. It could mean constantly going on and on about one thing in an obtrusive way.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you're asking, then it's probably not a problem. Just do your best to use common sense and listen to the mods and you'll probably be fine.

Fighting to the death "the noonday demon" of Acedia.
My Books
It is precisely “values” that are the powerless and threadbare mask of the objectification of beings, an objectification that has become flat and devoid of background. No one dies for mere values.
~Martin Heidegger

8/10/2016 9:14 am  #3

Hope you enjoy your stay!

8/10/2016 10:26 am  #4

"Threadjacking" is when someone posts off-topic in a thread so much that it ends up being taken over by discussion of that other topic. 
Welcome aboard.

8/13/2016 8:02 am  #5

I don't know why we are talking about threadjacking when WE HAVE MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO TALK ABOUT! People are DYING in Africa right now, and the only way for us to save them is to SEND THEM OUR COOKIES. Everybody knows that cookies are the best way to save a population from starving, and so we need to do all we can to SUPPORT charities that send them to them. I asked Iwpoe JUST LAST WEEK to send in the cookies he PLEDGED, but he has yet to respond. WHERE ARE YOUR COOKIES IWPOE!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!???!!?!

That, my friend, is threadjacking. And welcome to the forum! 

Board footera