Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/03/2015 3:20 am  #21

Re: Historical errors

I did see another great and interesting post here by someone who boldly addressed Your flattened earth topic and some others rushed to defend and protect the integrity and special innocence of the Catholic Church.

But the problem is - The Roman Catholic Church did not preserve its writings about its faiths concerning the shape of the earth the Sun and Planetary Motions..  It was a non Issue then and it is a non issue now. We know that there is reported, written Evidence that a Man named Galileo lived. Anti Catholics and Catholics both have written about Him and his audience with the Pope. They both agree that he had expressed thoughts and ideas that were not tolerated by the Church and he recanted or ceased in His crimes.

The rest is all disputed from one end to the other.   And that’s it. There is no real way to prove these other details that Anti Catholics and Catholics have eXcept the mutual fact that He eXisted and had an incident with His Church and it was resolved.

We all know this already.  I am not sure what the point of Your topic is.   Please enlighten us.   I love to learn.

Last edited by theway (11/03/2015 3:23 am)

Thank You for having me.

11/03/2015 3:55 am  #22

theway wrote:

Hey there   : -  Mysterious Brony. 

What great topics You have brought up.  

I would Like to discuss the idea / topic of  Jesus Mythicists,  However i know for a fact that this discussion does not go anywhere, as You and the forum have skilfully demonstrated.    

Because there is no way to Prove for a FACT that - The Lord Jesus Christ who Performed  Miracles, rose from the dead and ascended to heaven -  truly eXisted.  There are no Photos, Videos, or Audio.  There are no other Non Biblical Eye Witness accounts recorded in writing eXcept for The Bible Alone.  Sola Scripture.   We know about The Roman Government Media Man Josephus who was and outsider who never witnessed any of these miracles in person and never claimed to have seen Jesus.

Josephus Wrote  “ He appeared to them spending a third day restored to life, for the prophets of God had foretold these things and a thousand other marvels about him ” - Jewish Antiquities, 18.3.3 §63.

There may be a comment somewhere in the archives of Romes library about the mention of Jesus existing as well.    But All of this evidence still does not prove that Jesus performed miracles and rose from the dead.

There is no other Eyewitness account of these miracles eXcept the Gospels. And that is as far as the subject goes.  And we all here already know these things.  So i honestly dont get the point of this topic. 

Perhaps that is why there are no others typing in Bold type and none of Your topics yet been discussed in this forum.               

As far as I'm aware that's pseudo-Josephus you're quoting.

Noli turbare circulos meos.

11/03/2015 3:56 am  #23

yea  i know.    .  We know.     Roman Government Media Man Josephus /  pseudo - Jo

Maybe people are at war with the Roman Catholic Church and The Roman Catholics are no longer able to defend themselves with a military force.  Therefore people find it easy to keep the Church chained to its past,  because they know what the Roman Catholic Church is,  truly.    A force or forum  - that does not allow people to verbaly bad mouth her.  

I have had Roman Catholic friends and I personally loved the heck out of them.  But i will say that  - -- Catholic  Italy fell apart in WW l    -  and fell apart Even more in WW ll.   now Italy is demanding taXes from the Catholic Church.  i wish I could go straight to the Vatican and Help Pope Francis and restore the Military and take control and stop this Anti Catholic horror that is spreading.  But I dont think that the Pope would listen to me.  
it is too Late  i see Pope John Paul began kissing  and hugging His quran and demanding that Muslims are serving his god.  And now Pope Francis is closing the book by  trying to unite heretics with the Church.   I dont even know if a military for the Vatican would work.  They would never prevail with no leadership. God help us.

ECUMENICAL COUNCIL OF FLORENCE (1438-1445).      "It firmly believes, professes and preaches that all those who are outside the catholic church, not only pagans but also Jews or heretics and schismatics, cannot share in eternal life and will go into the everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels, unless they are joined to the catholic church before the end of their lives; that the unity of the ecclesiastical body is of such importance that only for those who abide in it do the church's sacraments contribute to salvation and do fasts, almsgiving and other works of piety and practices of the christian militia produce eternal rewards; and that nobody can be saved, no matter how much he has given away in alms and even if he has shed his blood in the name of Christ, unless he has persevered in the bosom and the unity of the catholic church." Pope Eugenius IV, in "Bull of Union with the Copts", Council of Florence, Session 11, on February 4, 1442.

library/COUNCILS/FLORENCE 

Last edited by theway (11/03/2015 4:02 am)

Thank You for having me.

Board footera