Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/25/2018 5:35 pm  #1

Jordan Peterson on Bible stories

Peterson has become something of a political pop-star as of late.  I don't care about his politics, but a buddy of mine got me watching some of his videos on religion and philosophy and I've really enjoyed them.  Below I've posted the first of (I believe) 17 lectures about Bible stories.  He comes from a very Jungian perspective but has insightful things to say about Freud, Nietzsche, Dostoevsky, and religion generally.  Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/f-wWBGo6a2w

6/25/2018 7:28 pm  #2

Re: Jordan Peterson on Bible stories

Jordan Peterson is a hero of mine. He has pulled me out of some dark places. I don't think he's a very good philosopher--in some lectures he assumes a materialistic Darwinian perspective of the world. But he's a brilliant psychologist and I find some of his critiques on identity politics to be respectable.

6/26/2018 10:57 am  #3

Re: Jordan Peterson on Bible stories

I'm not so sure Peterson holds those Darwinian positions as much as he speaks to those who do. As far as I know he deliberately avoids any discussion of theism, as he doesn't want people to blindly characterize him but rather to listen to what he says. The National Review has recently criticized him for this.

Noli turbare circulos meos.

Board footera