Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/17/2015 7:34 pm  #1

Thomas Aquinas Resources

I'm sure others will have more to add:

Feser, Edward. Aquinas: A Beginner's Guide.
Stump, Eleonore. Aquinas.

I thought it would be good to have these resources listed here as well as in the other thread:

Alexander wrote:

Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange.

A great deal of Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange's works are available on the internet (legitimately), so I thought I'd share a few links here. As a (relatively) recent commentator on Aquinas he's probably unmatched. I hope someone finds them useful.
Reality: A Thomistic Synthesis
The Trinity and God the Creator: A Commentary on St. Thomas' Theological Summa, Ia, q. 27-119
Christ the Saviour: A Commentary on the Third Part of St. Thomas' Theological Summa
Grace: Commentary on the Summa Theologica of St. Thomas, Ia IIae, q. 109-114
Providence
Life Everlasting

Last edited by John West (7/28/2015 8:21 am)

7/27/2015 6:43 pm  #2

Re: Thomas Aquinas Resources

I am filled with excitement and joy, for I have just ordered this as well as the five volumes of this.

There's quite a lot of good stuff on New Advent (including the ST but unfortunately not the SCG), and you can get a CD-ROM/download of most of it for twenty bucks.

The SCG is here, alongside a boatload of other works of St. Thomas.

7/28/2015 3:56 pm  #3

Some good stuff here, too.

11/15/2015 5:56 pm  #4

Pretty much everything by Etienne Gilson. Even the books by him which deal with multiple philosophers, such as The Unity of Philosophical Experience, and Being and some Philosophers, provide profound insight into Aquinas, contrasting his metaphysics with those of other philosophers.

Board footera