Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2016 4:23 am  #1

Hello

I have been reading Edward Feser's blog for a while. I am a subjective idealist somewhat along the lines of Berkeley (but my views are not exactly the same as his). My main interest in reading Feser is I want to understand the arguments in favour of hylomorphic dualism, since I cannot have confidence in my own views unless I've seriously considered all the major alternatives. (I haven't read any of his books yet, but I am waiting for Aquinas and Philosophy of Mind to arrive in the mail.)

3/03/2016 7:07 am  #2

Re: Hello

Hi, welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy your stay.

There is a person who goes under the title "Flaccus" here, I suppose he has the best arguments against Berkeley and subjectivism. There is also John West, if you do open a topic on Perception, sense datum, Idealism and so forth, I'm sure he will reply. Besides them, I can only urge you to read Peter Coffey.

3/03/2016 3:46 pm  #3

Re: Hello

Incessable wrote:

I have been reading Edward Feser's blog for a while. I am a subjective idealist somewhat along the lines of Berkeley (but my views are not exactly the same as his). My main interest in reading Feser is I want to understand the arguments in favour of hylomorphic dualism, since I cannot have confidence in my own views unless I've seriously considered all the major alternatives. (I haven't read any of his books yet, but I am waiting for Aquinas and Philosophy of Mind to arrive in the mail.)

Welcome Incessable

"The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State."
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 16 (3).

Defend your Family. Join the U.N. Family Rights Caucus.

Board footera