Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/20/2016 2:18 pm  #1

E3 2016

This is pretty late, but did anyone survey this years E3? I think it was pretty good as we got news/gameplay about Final Fantasy XV, the new God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Injustice 2, Tekken 7, and all other great games. Anyway I'm just really excited about Kingdom Hearts 3, and Injustice 2. What games is anyone else excited for?

6/23/2016 9:14 am  #2

Re: E3 2016

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is all I'm really excited about; I'm praying that the last Miyamoto Zelda is not the meh that was Skyward Sword.

6/23/2016 10:04 am  #3

Timotheos wrote:

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is all I'm really excited about; I'm praying that the last Miyamoto Zelda is not the meh that was Skyward Sword.

Preferred Skyward Sword to Twilight Princeness.

Haven't enjoyed a large format Zelda game since Windwaker (which was attacked for what I always felt was one of its best features - the massive range for exploration the sailing mechanics allowed).

6/23/2016 10:31 am  #4

DanielCC wrote:

Preferred Skyward Sword to Twilight Princeness.

Heretic!!!

My main beef with Skyward Sword was it's complete lack of non-cattle driving overworlds; all of the non-dungeon areas were little tracks of land that you traveled on in order to get to the dungeons, which ruined any sense of exploration.

DanielCC wrote:

Haven't enjoyed a large format Zelda game since Windwaker (which was attacked for what I always felt was one of its best features - the massive range for exploration the sailing mechanics allowed).

I like Wind Waker quite a bit; the large world was it's best feature by far, as well as the plethora of treasure to be had. It's greatest weakness was its easy battle mechanics; I swear I never even had to sweat once about fainting in that entire game.

The main reason why I'm excited about Breath of the Wild is that it will bring on this feature of WInd Waker; estimates based on preview clips have predicted that the world is about 2-3 times larger than Wind Waker's massive map, and much of that area is land instead of water.

I thought Twilight Princess was better than Wind Waker though, and I shift between Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess about which is my favorite one; I think it depends on my mood.

Last edited by Timotheos (6/23/2016 10:33 am)

6/23/2016 3:25 pm  #5

I played some of the GoW games. I wonder what are they going to do with this upcoming GoW game now that Kratos basically killed all of Olympus. From what I know, he is in a Nordic setting. 

6/23/2016 3:48 pm  #6

I think Kratos is just going to kill the Norse gods now. Well apparently his son will play a big role in the next game teaching him how to be more human, while he teaches him to be more godlike.

6/23/2016 11:32 pm  #7

@ Alexander
Plot Twist: Dawkins discovers he is half-deity! Dun dun dun!

Board footera