Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/20/2016 4:05 pm  #1

Reading Group, Round 7: Thomas Aquinas

This was originally posted to the reading group on December 17:

For Round 7, two longer texts. The first is Anderson's An Introduction to the Metaphysics of St. Thomas Aquinas. It's a collection of Aquinas's writings on metaphysics organized into one book, and comes recommended by Michael Sullivan.

The second is Peter Coffey's Ontology. It's a full-length manual on Aquinas's ontology, and comesĀ recommended by Edward Feser. Since we're members of a forum that grew out of Ed's blog, I think it pays for us to be able to interact with Thomists.

I figure three months is enough time for everyone to read An Introduction and Ontology. I, however, ask that people just drop me a line (privately or in the group email) when they're done. (If it takes more than three months, it takes more than three months.) I plan on covering more Thomism after we finish.

I guarantee that if you take the time to carefully study the material and ask questions, you'll start to see how the Ways are supposed to flow from the way reality is. They were never meant to be studied in isolation.

12/20/2016 4:06 pm  #2

Re: Reading Group, Round 7: Thomas Aquinas

If anyone else wants to sign up, PM me the email you want to use.

Board footera