Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/12/2015 8:26 pm  #1

Hello everyone!

Hi, I’m a relatively recently converted Catholic, lucky enough to have both been born and lived my whole life here in Texas. My interests are legion, but my main areas of study are in philosophy and theology. Before I became Catholic, I was and was raised as a Methodist (UMC specifically), and am well enough studied in Wesleyan theology to be a semi-expert for that particular brand of theology, at least for the purposes of this forum. I am philosophically best classed as a Thomist, but I have a great respect the Neo-Platonic tradition. My favorite philosophers include Aquinas, Augustine, Aristotle, Plato, Antonio Rosmini-Serbati, and Lady Mary Shepherd. I also have a great love of G.K. Chesterton, but am not a C.S. Lewis styled fan-boy of him, so please don't expect me to be that guy.

I'm also a great cook, so please, if anyone for some reason ends up talking about their patented Chili recipe that includes beans in it, don't be suprised when a mop of angry Texans ends up on your doorstep ready to inflict captical punishment; I warned you well in advance!

7/12/2015 8:52 pm  #2

Re: Hello everyone!

Welcome aboard, Timotheos! Glad you could make it.

Board footera