Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/11/2018 11:51 am  #11

Re: Natural law: A question on marital sex and contraception

seigneur wrote:

Dry and Uninspired wrote:

I don’t think I have any acquaintances who are even waiting til marriage to have sex. I don’t know how it is in your country, but it’s very unusual here. I don’t see any problems in using “shortcuts” instead of looking for a needle in a haystack.

Same situation here, and globally I suppose. Don't expect things to be any different on dating sites, except that it's easier to fool others (and oneself) there than in real life where you see people in action every day so you can compare their words and deeds over time.

Gradual slow patient building up is how any and all relationships work in real life. There are no shortcuts in this matter. It's appropriate to look for a needle in a haystack only if you lost one there, but you didn't, so use the haystack for what it's meant for. Keep living regular life, university and job and whatnot, there should be no shortage of socializing the ordinary way now that the population of the planet is counted in billions.

I’m not quite sure what you mean in the first paragraph. That those girls are lying about their sex lives (or lack thereof)?

I think that people don’t lie online quite as often as you’re making it seem.

2/13/2018 7:27 am  #12

Re: Natural law: A question on marital sex and contraception

Dry and Uninspired wrote:

I’m not quite sure what you mean in the first paragraph. That those girls are lying about their sex lives (or lack thereof)?

I think that people don’t lie online quite as often as you’re making it seem.

It's not so much about lying as it is about deception, crucially about self-deception.

They log in, they enter their data, they know what they want to come across as and they know what they want to get. And everything they type is biased accordingly. Everything is warped by or subjected to what they want to get, so that they compromise on how they are getting it.

In real life, what you get is very much dependent on how you are going about trying to get it. Actually, this is so if virtues and morals are paramount to you. Going to a dating site is already a compromise on those values. You are free to disagree of course.

Board footera