Classical Theism, Philosophy, and Religion Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/22/2018 1:58 pm  #1

Trump is a messenger of HaShem

Trump Made History at the U.N.

“HaShem chooses certain messengers throughout history to raise certain ideas, to disseminate certain concepts throughout the world. HaShem has placed these words into the mouth of the President of the United States. And He has put on notice all the world that He does not accept, does not believe in the validity, the truth, or the desirability of the internationalist super state, globalization, one world government approach to humanity. He believes in the ancient and Divinely Ordained system of sovereign nation states who develop according to their abilities and traditions, and each therefore finds its correct and proper place in the forward march of humanity.”  Rabbi David Bar-Hayim

Trump needs to quote this before 2020, in addition to adding Tucker Carlson & Ben Shapiro to the cabinet. I'd appoint that guy on the corner who screams at his feet before John Bolton.

91% approval in orthodox community

Last edited by 119 (10/22/2018 2:21 pm)

10/22/2018 3:39 pm  #2

Re: Trump is a messenger of HaShem

Remember to keep things argument orientated please folks. I know politics stir the passions but we must seek to transcend partisan struggles.

10/22/2018 4:47 pm  #3

It's ironic that I once told a Trump supporter that someday you will hail Trump as a man sent by God!
Guess what...

10/22/2018 5:26 pm  #4

My primary criticism of Trump is the same as my criticism of his predecessor: our war against Yemen is an atrocity. What part of "Thou shalt not kill" don't Republicans and Democrats understand? Notice how much attention this receives in the news. Anyone remember that school bus thingy from last month?

Want to unite the country? We need a Peace Party.

Last edited by 119 (10/22/2018 5:46 pm)

10/23/2018 10:35 am  #5

nojoum wrote:

It's ironic that I once told a Trump supporter that someday you will hail Trump as a man sent by God!
Guess what...

There is nothing extraordinary about believing people can be instruments of God, even unawares. In the biblical worldview God uses both good and even sometimes evil men to accomplish His will.

What the OP said is hardly unique to Trump. There has been backlash against globalism since I was in high school in the 90s. When I took a Global Issues class, we talked about globalism and the consensus of the left was that it was actually a horrible thing and my teacher was borderline communist. Now the left is outright championing globalism. Still that teacher accepted Malthusianism, which like all false materialistic philosophies planted the seed for the destruction of the left in practice (he also used it to justify globalistic population control programs, artificial contraception, abortion, etc. - all of which require globalistic structures to enforce). The fact the left has been hijacked by neoliberalism (under Clinton) and far-left identity politics (under Obama) while pushing nonetheless for a global super state just shows, to me, that the liberal wing of Western societies were corrupted in their leadership and divorced from their own core beliefs, being fed a steady diet of manipulative propaganda and sophistry on one hand while impossibly still trying to forge a  "one world society." That is of course insane because identity politics is tribalism writ large. The Left then has the maddening audacity to accuse the right of engaging in Nativism! This once again is leftist projection.

Never-Trumpers and Leftists both call Trump a populist, which means he represents the beliefs that are popular among the people. So the message Trump is delivering first had its origins in the mind and thinking of the people. Now how does a democrat complain about the beliefs of the people being the voice of ultimate authority? Indeed, believers see it as a reflection of the voice of ultimate Authority; the left is supposed to believe it just is the ultimate authority.

It's the above endless contradiction and incoherence of the left that makes it presently very easy for conservatives to demolish them ideologivally whenever a level playing field is offered for combat (and the reason why folks like Tucker Carlson and Ben Shapiro have become so incredibly popular: unleashed from the shackles of the more absurd limits of political correction and granted a broadly accessible platform they have free reign to expose the left's incoherence). Hence the absolute necessity of judicial tyranny and censorship by a never-ending expansion of political correctness for the left to survive and give the false impression that it represents society or the people at large. Take that away and the emperor is clearly seen to be strutting around naked.

Last edited by Timocrates (10/23/2018 10:46 am)

"The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State."
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 16 (3).

Defend your Family. Join the U.N. Family Rights Caucus.

10/23/2018 10:58 am  #6

119 wrote:

My primary criticism of Trump is the same as my criticism of his predecessor: our war against Yemen is an atrocity. What part of "Thou shalt not kill" don't Republicans and Democrats understand? Notice how much attention this receives in the news. Anyone remember that school bus thingy from last month?

Want to unite the country? We need a Peace Party.

I don't know much about the circumstances in Yemen but I do know Trump has demonstrated an unwillingness to involve America in unnecessary conflicts. His handling of North Korea and Syria so far are strong proofs of that, in my opinion. He's also a traditional American geopolitical isolationist, an extremely radical turn from post-WWII tendencies of the United States. Still, we have to face the problem of geopolitical interests coming from, e.g., Russia and China and the sad reality that the "ban hammer" of military might is the only guarantee states such as those wont try to exploit a policy of non-intervention to expand their spheres of influence in an attempt to realize their own global ambitions.

"The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State."

10/24/2018 2:19 am  #7

Timocrates wrote:

I don't know much about the circumstances in Yemen but I do know Trump has demonstrated an unwillingness to involve America in unnecessary conflicts. His handling of North Korea and Syria so far are strong proofs of that, in my opinion.

His handling of North Korea, Syria, Iran, and most lately of the nuclear anti-proliferation treaty with Russia are strong proofs of that Trump has no clue what gets countries in unnecessary conflicts. Moreover, he is pretty happy to stir up conflicts. In his mind, conflicts stirred up by himself are good. Conflicts that UN attempts to deal with are bad because that's UN doing it, not Trump. UN has not solved some things, therefore it can never solve anything (the same principle of course cannot apply to Trump, because there is nobody better than Trump). Conflicts that have found diplomatic solutions in the past, insofar as they are known to exist, deserve to be stirred up again because this puts Trump at the centre of the arena.

Timocrates wrote:

He's also a traditional American geopolitical isolationist, an extremely radical turn from post-WWII tendencies of the United States.

He is more like a unilateralist. He loves a unipolar world with himself in the limelight and everybody else at various secondary roles.

Last edited by seigneur (10/24/2018 2:23 am)

10/24/2018 3:08 am  #8

seigneur wrote:

His handling of North Korea, Syria, Iran, and most lately of the nuclear anti-proliferation treaty with Russia are strong proofs of that Trump has no clue what gets countries in unnecessary conflicts..

That is the single dumbest nonsense I have ever seen posted anywhere. What you mean to say is that your own ambitions to start a conflict are thwarted because we will wipe you off the face off the map and not even blink an eye. That "people" like you even exist disgusts me.

seigneur wrote:

Conflicts that have found diplomatic solutions in the past, insofar as they are known to exist, deserve to be stirred up again because this puts Trump at the centre of the arena.

That's right. You want the conflicts stirred up again because you need U.S forces wasted abroad. I also really like your deliberately chosen username. Very special.

You will be annihilated. No apologies. Get used to it.

Last edited by Timocrates (10/24/2018 3:30 am)

10/24/2018 5:06 am  #9

Timocrates wrote:

I also really like your deliberately chosen username. Very special.

My username is a little play on my actual surname. To make an issue of it is like making an issue of Trump's surname.

Board footera